pgsql: Rationalize error messages within jsonfuncs.c.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Rationalize error messages within jsonfuncs.c.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Rationalize error messages within jsonfuncs.c.

I noticed that the functions in jsonfuncs.c sometimes printed error
messages that claimed I'd called some other function.  Investigation showed
that this was from repurposing code into "worker" functions without taking
much care as to whether it would mention the right SQL-level function if it
threw an error.  Moreover, there was a weird mismash of messages that
contained a fixed function name, messages that used %s for a function name,
and messages that constructed a function name out of spare parts, like
"json%s_populate_record" (which, quite aside from being ugly as sin, wasn't
even sufficient to cover all the cases).  This would put an undue burden on
our long-suffering translators.  Standardize on inserting the SQL function
name with %s so as to reduce the number of translatable strings, and pass
function names around as needed to make sure we can report the right one.
Fix up some gratuitous variations in wording, too.

Branch
------
REL9_4_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/119fed85f5f68e8fb146549e3267026c9fdc8640

Modified Files
src/backend/utils/adt/jsonfuncs.c     |  187 ++++++++++++++++++++-------------
src/test/regress/expected/jsonb.out   |   22 ++--
src/test/regress/expected/jsonb_1.out |   22 ++--