pgsql: Fix pg_restore's processing of old-style BLOB COMMENTS data.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Fix pg_restore's processing of old-style BLOB COMMENTS data.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Fix pg_restore's processing of old-style BLOB COMMENTS data.

Prior to 9.0, pg_dump handled comments on large objects by dumping a bunch
of COMMENT commands into a single BLOB COMMENTS archive object.  With
sufficiently many such comments, some of the commands would likely get
split across bufferloads when restoring, causing failures in
direct-to-database restores (though no problem would be evident in text
output).  This is the same type of issue we have with table data dumped as
INSERT commands, and it can be fixed in the same way, by using a mini SQL
lexer to figure out where the command boundaries are.  Fortunately, the
COMMENT commands are no more complex to lex than INSERTs, so we can just
re-use the existing lexer for INSERTs.

Per bug #10611 from Jacek Zalewski.  Back-patch to all active branches.

Branch
------
REL8_4_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/6adddac8a3321118493275e6f00e44eb667241e4

Modified Files
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_backup_archiver.c |    6 ++++++
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_backup_db.c       |   12 +++++++++---
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump.c            |    2 +-

Сообщение: pgsql: Fix pg_restore's processing of old-style BLOB COMMENTS data.
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix pg_restore's processing of old-style BLOB COMMENTS data.