pgsql: Don't pay heed to wal_sender_timeout while creating a decoding s

От Andres Freund
Тема pgsql: Don't pay heed to wal_sender_timeout while creating a decoding s
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Don't pay heed to wal_sender_timeout while creating a decoding slot.

Sometimes CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT ... LOGICAL ... needs to wait for
further WAL using WalSndWaitForWal(). That used to always respect
wal_sender_timeout and kill the session when waiting long enough
because no feedback/ping messages can be sent while the slot is still
being created.
Introduce the notion that last_reply_timestamp = 0 means that the
walsender currently doesn't need timeout processing to avoid that
problem. Use that notion for CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT ... LOGICAL.

Bugreport and initial patch by Steve Singer, revised by me.

Branch
------
master

Details