pgsql: Fix interval test, which was broken for floating-point timestamp

От Jeff Davis
Тема pgsql: Fix interval test, which was broken for floating-point timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Fix interval test, which was broken for floating-point timestamps.

Commit 4318daecc959886d001a6e79c6ea853e8b1dfb4b introduced a test that
couldn't be made consistent between integer and floating-point
timestamps.

It was designed to test the longest possible interval output length,
so removing four zeros from the number of hours, as this patch does,
is not ideal. But the test still has some utility for its original
purpose, and there aren't a lot of other good options.

Noah Misch suggested a different approach where we test that the
output either matches what we expect from integer timestamps or what
we expect from floating-point timestamps. That seemed to obscure an
otherwise simple test, however.

Reviewed by Tom Lane and Noah Misch.

Branch
------
REL9_1_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/47e4309c07a399ce4bf896e0ba5edcdf1a691ada

Modified Files
src/test/regress/expected/interval.out |   11 +++++++----
src/test/regress/sql/interval.sql      |    5 ++++-

Сообщение: pgsql: Fix interval test, which was broken for floating-point timestamp
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix interval test, which was broken for floating-point timestamp