pgsql: Fix "cannot accept a set" error when only some arms of a CASE re

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Fix "cannot accept a set" error when only some arms of a CASE re
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Fix "cannot accept a set" error when only some arms of a CASE return a set.

In commit c1352052ef1d4eeb2eb1d822a207ddc2d106cb13, I implemented an
optimization that assumed that a function's argument expressions would
either always return a set (ie multiple rows), or always not.  This is
wrong however: we allow CASE expressions in which some arms return a set
of some type and others just return a scalar of that type.  There may be
other examples as well.  To fix, replace the run-time test of whether an
argument returned a set with a static precheck (expression_returns_set).
This adds a little bit of query startup overhead, but it seems barely
measurable.

Per bug #8228 from David Johnston.  This has been broken since 8.0,
so patch all supported branches.

Branch
------
REL9_0_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/6ca712fb906776818ba46e2dfc26ffc4592a64fa

Modified Files
src/backend/executor/execQual.c          |   55 +++++++++++++++++++++---------
src/test/regress/expected/rangefuncs.out |   14 ++++++++
src/test/regress/sql/rangefuncs.sql      |    9 +++++

Сообщение: pgsql: Fix "cannot accept a set" error when only some arms of a CASE re
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix "cannot accept a set" error when only some arms of a CASE re