BUG #8545: pg_dump fails to backup database level grants

От lalbin@fhcrc.org
Тема BUG #8545: pg_dump fails to backup database level grants
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      8545
Logged by:          Lloyd Albin
Email address:      lalbin@fhcrc.org
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.1
Operating system:   SUSE Linux (64-bit)

Most people I know, including myself, use pg_dumpall -g to dump out the
globals such as user accounts and then use pg_dump -Fc or -Fd to dump out
their databases in the compressed formats. When doing this method the
database level grants have been missed, although if people used the
pg_dumpall to dump the entire server they will be dumped, but not in a
compressed format that they can use with pg_restores multi-job.

I have tested this issue with Postgres Versions:
9.0.12
9.2.4
9.3.0
9.3.1

You may easily test this by doing:
CREATE DATABASE new_db
  WITH OWNER = postgres
    ENCODING = 'UTF8'
    TEMPLATE = template0;

GRANT CREATE
  ON DATABASE new_db TO dw;

CREATE ROLE dw WITH LOGIN PASSWORD 'test';

pg_dump -Fc new_db -f new_db.pgdump
pg_restore -Fc new_db.pgdump -C > new_db.sql

We can now look at the new_db.sql and can see that there is no database
level grants such as granting the CREATE to dw.

Lloyd Albin
Statistical Center for HIV/AIDS Research and Prevention (SCHARP)
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Division (VIDD)
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (FHCRC)