BUG #8403: installing PostgreSQL breaks future registration of w32tm service

От vincent@searidgetech.com
Тема BUG #8403: installing PostgreSQL breaks future registration of w32tm service
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      8403
Logged by:          Vincent Dautremont
Email address:      vincent@searidgetech.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
Operating system:   Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - Windows Server 2008 x64

I discovered this after having installed PostgreSQL 9.1 on a few PCs, then
messed around with my windows time service registry . I decided to type :
w32tm /unregister
then
w32tm /register to reset the service registry to default.

then when I try to start the service I get the err 1290 :
----------------------------
Windows could not start the Windows Time Service on Local Computer.

Error 1290: The service start failed since one or more services in the same
process have an incompatible service SID type setting.  A service with
restricted service SID type can only coexist in the same process with other
services with a restricted SID type. If the service SID type for this
service was just configured, the hosting process must be restarted in order
to start this service.
----------------------------

I discovered that doing the following I was able to get my Windows Time
service starting again :
---------
1) uninstall PostgreSQL from Windows "add/remove programs"
2) reboot
3) run the command: w32tm /unregister
4) reboot
5) run the command: w32tm /register
6) reboot
7) try to start windows time : net start w32time
8) upon success of 7) reinstall PostgreSQL
---------
My idea is that PostgreSQL or its Windows Installer messes around somewhere
with Windows services config.