BUG #8400: DB size changed after restore

От ajayaksadvance@gmail.com
Тема BUG #8400: DB size changed after restore
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      8400
Logged by:          Ajay
Email address:      ajayaksadvance@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.0
Operating system:   ubuntu

Hi,

I am not sure its a bug or not but need some information on this.

I am doing upgrade from 8.4 to 9.2 hence DB dump and then restore.

On postgrse 8.4 , i have DB of size 32 GB.
SELECT pg_size_pretty(pg_database_size('<DBNAME>')) As fulldbsize;

I have done vacummdb before going for dump.

I have first done schema dump and then DB data and all is fine.

But on restore its running successfully but i am getting only size 9213 MB.

Dont know, what exactly happend?

I have checked rows count, random data its seems fine but why there is
difference?

How to make sure restore is done properly?

But ifi do below on 8.4 and 9.2 then i am getting different size and
obviously small on 9.2 .
SELECT pg_size_pretty(pg_total_relation_size('package')) As fulldbsize;

Please suggest.