pgsql: Guard against input_rows == 0 in estimate_num_groups().

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Guard against input_rows == 0 in estimate_num_groups().
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Guard against input_rows == 0 in estimate_num_groups().

This case doesn't normally happen, because the planner usually clamps
all row estimates to at least one row; but I found that it can arise
when dealing with relations excluded by constraints.  Without a defense,
estimate_num_groups() can return zero, which leads to divisions by zero
inside the planner as well as assertion failures in the executor.

An alternative fix would be to change set_dummy_rel_pathlist() to make
the size estimate for a dummy relation 1 row instead of 0, but that seemed
pretty ugly; and probably someday we'll want to drop the convention that
the minimum rowcount estimate is 1 row.

Back-patch to 8.4, as the problem can be demonstrated that far back.

Branch
------
REL8_4_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/79e5d72f3cbbb1b337dbdc5a7e08cd3804ca9d50

Modified Files
src/backend/utils/adt/selfuncs.c |    8 ++++++++