pgsql: Semi-automatically detect changes in timezone abbreviations.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Semi-automatically detect changes in timezone abbreviations.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Semi-automatically detect changes in timezone abbreviations.

Add an option to zic.c to dump out all non-obsolete timezone abbreviations
defined in the Olson database.  Comparing this list to its previous state
will clue us in when something happens that we may need to account for in
the tznames/ time zone abbreviation lists.  The README file's previous
exhortation to "just grep for differences" was completely useless advice,
in my now-considerable experience; but maybe this will be a bit more
useful.  As a starting point I built the same list from the tzdata files
as they existed in 2006, which is committed here as known_abbrevs.txt.
Comparison indeed turned up quite a few changes we had neglected to account
for, which I will commit separately.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/69602772700e62b7b03e3f0ac7b10aa651c0c998

Modified Files
src/timezone/.gitignore        |    1 +
src/timezone/Makefile          |    7 +-
src/timezone/README            |   16 ++-
src/timezone/known_abbrevs.txt |  200 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/timezone/zic.c             |   25 +++++-

Сообщение: pgsql: Update time zone abbreviation lists for changes missed since 200
Сообщение: pgsql: Update time zone abbreviation lists for changes missed since 200