BUG #7985: Postgres Windows Installer fails with "permission denied"

От hkhanafe@hotmail.com
Тема BUG #7985: Postgres Windows Installer fails with "permission denied"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      7985
Logged by:          hassib
Email address:      hkhanafe@hotmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.2
Operating system:   Windows 7 =

We are facing an issue with Postgres Windows installer (version 9.2.2). =

In some machines we find that the installer works, in other machines it
fails and =

when checking the logs, we find that the script "initcluster" failed. =

We are installing Postgres in the default directory (i.e. c:\program files
(x86)\PostgreSQL), and =

the data directory under "c:\ProgramData". =

After long hours of debugging in the machines where it fails we found the
problem in the following =

line of the scripts "strInitdbPass =3D strInstallDir & "\" &
objFso.GetTempName", which is actually =

trying to save the password file under the installation directory (i.e.
c:\program files (x86)\PostgreSQL) =

, which failed with "Permission denied" error, when changing this line to
point to another directory =

the script worked. =

We tried to run the installer as "Local Administrator", but that also didn't
fix the issue.

What would be the solution for this issue?