BUG #7940: Auto increment issue

От krishnakumar.eeee@gmail.com
Тема BUG #7940: Auto increment issue
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      7940
Logged by:          krishna
Email address:      krishnakumar.eeee@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.0.1
Operating system:   Ubuntu

Hi,
      I'm using PostgreSQL 9.0.1 and driver PostgreSQL 9.0 JDBC4 and my OS
is Ubuntu.I'm using serial type for auto-incrementing column id in my table
everything works fine .when i stop my application and restart the
application its fine but when i backup DB and then restore it back manually
i'm inserting id column by myself during restoring...after restore If i
start the application, the id column doesn't start incrementing from maximum
value of id instead starts from begining (i.e., 1) and getting duplicate key
value violates unique constraint "smsserver_out_pkey" Detail: Key (id)=3D(1)
already exists till upto restored number of entries. ...what is the solution
to over come this issue ...

MY SCHEMA is =

create table smsserver_out
(
  id serial NOT NULL,
  type varchar(1) NOT NULL,
  recipient varchar(16) NOT NULL,
  text text NOT NULL,
  wap_url text NOT NULL,
  wap_expiry_date varchar(50),
  wap_signal varchar(1),
  create_date varchar(50) NOT NULL,
  originator varchar(16) NOT NULL,
  encoding varchar(1) NOT NULL,
  status_report integer NOT NULL,
  flash_sms integer NOT NULL,
  src_port integer NOT NULL,
  dst_port integer NOT NULL,
  sent_date varchar(50),
  ref_no varchar(64),
  priority integer NOT NULL,
  status varchar(1) NOT NULL,
  errors integer NOT NULL,
  gateway_id varchar(64) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (id )
)

My Insert Query for restoring the database =

INSERT INTO
smsserver_out(id,type,recipient,text,wap_url,wap_expiry_date,wap_signal,cre=
ate_date,originator,encoding,status_report,flash_sms,src_port,dst_port,sent=
_date,ref_no,priority,status,errors,gateway_id)