pgsql: Allow default expressions to be attached to columns of foreign t

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Allow default expressions to be attached to columns of foreign t
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Allow default expressions to be attached to columns of foreign tables.

There's still some discussion about exactly how postgres_fdw ought to
handle this case, but there seems no debate that we want to allow defaults
to be used for inserts into foreign tables.  So remove the core-code
restrictions that prevented it.

While at it, get rid of the special grammar productions for CREATE FOREIGN
TABLE, and instead add explicit FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED error checks for the
disallowed cases.  This makes the grammar a shade smaller, and more
importantly results in much more intelligible error messages for
unsupported cases.  It's also one less thing to fix if we ever start
supporting constraints on foreign tables.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/a0c6dfeecfcc860858b04617a9d96eaee1d82c66

Modified Files
doc/src/sgml/ref/alter_foreign_table.sgml  |   19 +++++++++-
doc/src/sgml/ref/create_foreign_table.sgml |   31 ++++++++++++++-
src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c           |   14 +------
src/backend/parser/gram.y                  |   38 ++++--------------
src/backend/parser/parse_utilcmd.c         |   57 +++++++++++++++++++++++++--
src/test/regress/expected/foreign_data.out |   21 +++++-----
src/test/regress/sql/foreign_data.sql      |    7 +--