BUG #7904: can´t load DBI-Link

От pedro.ferro@gmail.com
Тема BUG #7904: can´t load DBI-Link
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      7904
Logged by:          Pedro
Email address:      pedro.ferro@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.3
Operating system:   Windows 64bits

Hi,

I can not install DBI-Link in Postgresql.

I have a machine with OS Windows 64-bit. (I can not change that).

As I understand I need to install first Active Perl on my machine, which I
have done.
However when I create a new extension (plperlu) in Postgresql gives me an
error like: "can not load library: c: \ Program Files \ PostgreSQL \ 9.2 \
lib \ plperl.dll."
I verified and the file plperl.dll exists in that exact location .

As I investigated the problem could be related to the version of Active Perl
installed and recommend installing version 5.10, which I did. However just
found the version for 32 bits.
(ActivePerl-5.10.1.1008-MSWin32-x86-294165.msi -
advanced-shorturl-perl-pidgin - ActivePerl 5.10 - Advanced Shorturl in Perl
for Pidgin - Google Project Hosting)

1 - It seems to you that the indicated error may have to do with be using
the 32-bit version of Active Perl on a 64bit machine?

 1.1 - If so, does anyone know where I can get the version of Active Perl
5.10 64 bits?

I don't have many computer skills so I can be doing a basic error that is
preventing the installation of the DBI-Link in Postgresql.

I would appreciate your help because I'm stuck for several days with this
problem and do not know how to solve it ...

Thanks in advance,
Pedro