pgsql: Remove useless picksplit-doesn't-support-secondary-split log spa

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Remove useless picksplit-doesn't-support-secondary-split log spa
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Remove useless picksplit-doesn't-support-secondary-split log spam.

This LOG message was put in over five years ago with the evident
expectation that we'd make all GiST opclasses support secondary split
directly.  However, no such thing ever happened, and indeed the number of
opclasses supporting it decreased to zero in 9.2.  The reason is that
improving on the default implementation isn't that easy --- the
opclass-specific code that did exist, before 9.2, doesn't appear to have
been any improvement over the default.

Hence, remove the message altogether.  There's certainly no point in
nagging users about this in released branches, but I doubt that we'll
ever implement complete opclass-specific support anyway.

Branch
------
REL9_1_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/0ddfa3b64a187c052c1e3891a9400f8a97520872

Modified Files
src/backend/access/gist/gistsplit.c |   20 +++++---------------

Сообщение: pgsql: Remove useless picksplit-doesn't-support-secondary-split log spa
Сообщение: pgsql: Remove useless picksplit-doesn't-support-secondary-split log spa