BUG #7846: Documentation: Should FOUND be documented as an output of UPDATE statement?

От mike@fontling.com
Тема BUG #7846: Documentation: Should FOUND be documented as an output of UPDATE statement?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      7846
Logged by:          Mike Sherrill
Email address:      mike@fontling.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.6
Operating system:   Ubuntu Linux 12.04

Documentation for the SQL UPDATE statement doesn't mention that it sets the
FOUND variable. (Refer to sql-update.html, "Outputs".) That behavior *is*
documented, but only in plpgsql-statements.html (Basic Statements, section
39.5.5).

I understand the difference between a SQL statement and a PL/PGSQL
statement. But if I were looking for the effects and side-effects of an
UPDATE statement, I'd go to the docs for UPDATE, not for PL/PGSQL basic
statements. I think that's what most people would do, especially if they
didn't have prior knowledge of the FOUND variable.