pgsql: Check if we've reached end-of-backup point also if no redo is re

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема pgsql: Check if we've reached end-of-backup point also if no redo is re
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Check if we've reached end-of-backup point also if no redo is required.

If you restored from a backup taken from a standby, and the last record in
the backup is the checkpoint record, ie. there is no redo required except
for the checkpoint record, we would fail to notice that we've reached the
end-of-backup point, and the database is consistent. The result was an
error "WAL ends before end of online backup". To fix, move the
have-we-reached-end-of-backup check into CheckRecoveryConsistency(), which
is already responsible for similar checks with minRecoveryPoint, and is
called in the right places.

Backpatch to 9.2, this check and bug did not exist before that.

Branch
------
master

Details