pgsql: Ignore libedit/libreadline while probing for standard functions.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Ignore libedit/libreadline while probing for standard functions.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Ignore libedit/libreadline while probing for standard functions.

Some versions of libedit expose bogus definitions of setproctitle(),
optreset, and perhaps other symbols that we don't want configure to pick up
on.  There was a previous report of similar problems with strlcpy(), which
we addressed in commit 59cf88da91bc88978b05275ebd94ac2d980c4047, but the
problem has evidently grown in scope since then.  In hopes of not having to
deal with it again in future, rearrange configure's tests for supplied
functions so that we ignore libedit/libreadline except when probing
specifically for functions we expect them to provide.

Per report from Christoph Berg, though this is slightly more aggressive
than his proposed patch.

Branch
------
REL9_1_STABLE