BUG #7754: Contrib start scipt comment refers to dead URL

От pg-gts@snkmail.com
Тема BUG #7754: Contrib start scipt comment refers to dead URL
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      7754
Logged by:          Gavan Schneider
Email address:      pg-gts@snkmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.2
Operating system:   OSX

FILE:
  postgresql-9.2.2/contrib/start-scripts/osx/PostgreSQL ; and
  many previous versions

PBOBLEM:
The comment:
  # For more information on Darwin/Mac OS X startup bundles, see this
article:
  #
  # =

http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/documentation/howto/html/SystemSta=
rter_HOWTO.html
  #
refers to a dead link.

I wrote to Apple who confirmed it was dead, implicitly declined my request
for a redirection, and suggested I report here.

Suggest this bit of text be snipped as the underlying methodology has been
deprecated for years, and is likely to be dropped soon. Specifically there
seems little point educating those who don't already know this method.

OBSERVATION:
I am thinking this contribution should be enhanced/replaced with a method
suitable for current versions of OSX? So far I have not found a working
<plist> recipe for my situation (and I have tried quite a few) so feel
poorly placed to offer anything just now. Happy to trial ideas as suggested.
Esp. since I seem to have invented a 'tough' environment :(

Could you point me to an active postgresql discussion of this, so I can get
up to speed (still pretty new to the pg community).

Many thanks. G

Сообщение: Re: Bug with temporary child of a permanent table after recovery
Сообщение: Re: Bug with temporary child of a permanent table after recovery