BUG #6696: 9.2beta2 crashed when having shared_buffers>20GB

От weixing.sun@gmail.com
Тема BUG #6696: 9.2beta2 crashed when having shared_buffers>20GB
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6696
Logged by:          weixing
Email address:      weixing.sun@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
Operating system:   RHEL6.1

Hi,

I know this NON-GA version issue could not be placed here, but please let me
know if you have any entries.
Currently ,  I met a tricky bug of Postgres 9.2beta2 when having > 20GB
buffer pool:=20
###################################
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
current transaction and exit,=20
because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted
shared memory.
HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
repeat your command.
WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
Above err msg will fill out my stderr log file, and refuse all the requests
from the middle-tier of running my workload.

Any comments?

Thanks a lot!
Weixing