pgsql: Support min/max index optimizations on boolean columns.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Support min/max index optimizations on boolean columns.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Support min/max index optimizations on boolean columns.

Since bool_and() is equivalent to min(), and bool_or() to max(), we might
as well let them be index-optimized in the same way.  The practical value
of this is debatable at best, but it seems nearly cost-free to enable it.
Code-wise, we need only adjust the entries in pg_aggregate.  There is a
measurable planning speed penalty for a query involving one of these
aggregates, but it is only a few percent in simple cases, so that seems
acceptable.

Marti Raudsepp, reviewed by Abhijit Menon-Sen

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/cbba55d6d792b55f6b448a31fc14aef84510967c

Modified Files
src/include/catalog/catversion.h         |    2 +-
src/include/catalog/pg_aggregate.h       |    6 +++---
src/test/regress/expected/opr_sanity.out |   30 ++++++++++++++++++------------
src/test/regress/sql/opr_sanity.sql      |    4 ++--