BUG #6314: The like command does not handle a long string of special chars

От d.rericha@healthcareoss.com
Тема BUG #6314: The like command does not handle a long string of special chars
Дата
Re: BUG #6314: The like command does not handle a long string of special chars  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6314
Logged by:          David Rericha
Email address:      d.rericha@healthcareoss.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.5
Operating system:   OpenSuSE 11.4 64-bit

Simply set a varchar field in your db to the following string:

I know, I know, who would do this, right? Well, its for a certification.=20
The like command works fine up with escapes up to:
Notice, I added the % to the end. However, if you go any further - no
matches:
Strangely, this works and shouldn't:

Thanks.