BUG #6313: Deadlock reporting contains not enought details

От dmigowski@ikoffice.de
Тема BUG #6313: Deadlock reporting contains not enought details
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6313
Logged by:          Daniel Migowski
Email address:      dmigowski@ikoffice.de
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.16
Operating system:   Linux

In my application I receive deadlocks from time to time, reported by an
error message like this:

ERROR: deadlock detected
SQL Status:40P01
Detail:Process 30812 waits for ShareLock on transaction 278158200; blocked
by process 2852.
Process 2852 waits for ShareLock on transaction 278158159; blocked by
process 30812.

This is absolutely useless for me for the following reasons. I know which
processes have participated in the deadlock, and one of them returns an
error, abd I know which statement does the deadlock, but my "statement=
"
contains of 20 single sql statements and I don't know which lock the
processes where fighting over. Could you please add information about which
lock could not be granted, and what other locks have already been in place
(or at least, what other locks have participated in this deadlock
detection)?