pgsql: Fix unsafe order of operations in foreign-table DDL commands.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Fix unsafe order of operations in foreign-table DDL commands.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Fix unsafe order of operations in foreign-table DDL commands.

When updating or deleting a system catalog tuple, it's necessary to acquire
RowExclusiveLock on the catalog before looking up the tuple; otherwise a
concurrent VACUUM FULL on the catalog might move the tuple to a different
TID before we can apply the update.  Coding patterns that find the tuple
via a table scan aren't at risk here, but when obtaining the tuple from a
catalog cache, correct ordering is important; and several routines in
foreigncmds.c got it wrong.  Noted while running the regression tests in
parallel with VACUUM FULL of assorted system catalogs.

For consistency I moved all the heap_open calls to the starts of their
functions, including a couple for which there was no actual bug.

Back-patch to 8.4 where foreigncmds.c was added.

Branch
------
REL9_0_STABLE

Details