pgsql: Fix nested PlaceHolderVar expressions that appear only in target

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Fix nested PlaceHolderVar expressions that appear only in target
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Fix nested PlaceHolderVar expressions that appear only in targetlists.

A PlaceHolderVar's expression might contain another, lower-level
PlaceHolderVar.  If the outer PlaceHolderVar is used, the inner one
certainly will be also, and so we have to make sure that both of them get
into the placeholder_list with correct ph_may_need values during the
initial pre-scan of the query (before deconstruct_jointree starts).
We did this correctly for PlaceHolderVars appearing in the query quals,
but overlooked the issue for those appearing in the top-level targetlist;
with the result that nested placeholders referenced only in the targetlist
did not work correctly, as illustrated in bug #6154.

While at it, add some error checking to find_placeholder_info to ensure
that we don't try to create new placeholders after it's too late to do so;
they have to all be created before deconstruct_jointree starts.

Back-patch to 8.4 where the PlaceHolderVar mechanism was introduced.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/77ba23256404d6f975a80d5402e62f6047c67b3a

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/optimizer/path/costsize.c    |    2 +-
src/backend/optimizer/path/equivclass.c  |    2 +-
src/backend/optimizer/plan/initsplan.c   |   27 ++++++----
src/backend/optimizer/util/placeholder.c |   84 ++++++++++++++++++++---------
src/include/optimizer/placeholder.h      |    4 +-
src/include/optimizer/planmain.h         |    2 +-
src/test/regress/expected/join.out       |   45 ++++++++++++++++
src/test/regress/sql/join.sql            |   37 +++++++++++++

Сообщение: pgsql: Fix nested PlaceHolderVar expressions that appear only in target
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix nested PlaceHolderVar expressions that appear only in target