pgsql: Fix dangling-pointer problem in before-row update trigger proces

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Fix dangling-pointer problem in before-row update trigger proces
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Fix dangling-pointer problem in before-row update trigger processing.

ExecUpdate checked for whether ExecBRUpdateTriggers had returned a new
tuple value by seeing if the returned tuple was pointer-equal to the old
one.  But the "old one" was in estate->es_junkFilter's result slot, which
would be scribbled on if we had done an EvalPlanQual update in response to
a concurrent update of the target tuple; therefore we were comparing a
dangling pointer to a live one.  Given the right set of circumstances we
could get a false match, resulting in not forcing the tuple to be stored in
the slot we thought it was stored in.  In the case reported by Maxim Boguk
in bug #5798, this led to "cannot extract system attribute from virtual
tuple" failures when trying to do "RETURNING ctid".  I believe there is a
very-low-probability chance of more serious errors, such as generating
incorrect index entries based on the original rather than the
trigger-modified version of the row.

In HEAD, change all of ExecBRInsertTriggers, ExecIRInsertTriggers,
ExecBRUpdateTriggers, and ExecIRUpdateTriggers so that they continue to
have similar APIs.  In the back branches I just changed
ExecBRUpdateTriggers, since there is no bug in the ExecBRInsertTriggers
case.

Branch
------
REL8_4_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/1118e83198678c3c9dfeb4abb318dad239d6590e

Modified Files
src/backend/commands/trigger.c  |   50 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
src/backend/executor/execMain.c |   26 ++++----------------
src/include/commands/trigger.h  |    4 +-