pgsql: Remove arbitrary ALTER TABLE .. ADD COLUMN restriction.

От Robert Haas
Тема pgsql: Remove arbitrary ALTER TABLE .. ADD COLUMN restriction.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Remove arbitrary ALTER TABLE .. ADD COLUMN restriction.

The previous coding prevented ALTER TABLE .. ADD COLUMN from being used
with a non-NULL default in situations where the table's rowtype was being
used elsewhere.  But this is a completely arbitrary restriction since
you could do the same operation in multiple steps (add the column, add
the default, update the table).

Inspired by a patch from Noah Misch, though I didn't use his code.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=a06e41deebdf74b8b5109329dc75b2e9d9057962

Modified Files
src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c       |    8 +++++---
src/test/regress/expected/rowtypes.out |    9 ++++++---
src/test/regress/sql/rowtypes.sql      |    8 ++++++--