Re[2]: Problems with pg_dump for PG8.4 for WinXP (MinGW build)

От el dorado
Тема Re[2]: Problems with pg_dump for PG8.4 for WinXP (MinGW build)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> 2009/9/15 el dorado <do_ra_do@mail.ru>:
> > Hello!
> > I need PG 8.4 built from source code for WinXP. So I got archive postgresql-8.4.1.tar.gz, unpacked it and built
postgresby MinGW.
> > Everything seeds to be fine until we tried to test pg_dump. It failed (not always but often).
> > Command:
> > pg_dump -U postgres -v -f mydump.sql TEST_DB
> > And here we get a message 'an unhandled win32 exception occured in pg_dump.exe'

> Given that, it seems to be something with your mingw setup causing it.
> I think you'll have to get yourself a backtrace using gdb (the native
> debugger tools can usually not get usable backtraces from a a mingw
> build).
>  Magnus Hagander

Hello!
Thank you very much for your answer. I try to use gdb now. But there is a little difficulty. I'm not quite sure it is
connectedwith postgres build. Probably I do something wrong using gdb but maybe you could show me the direction for
resolvingthe problem?
I built PostgreSQL 8.4 (WinXP, MinGW) with following configuration options:
configure --without-zlib --enable-debug --enable-cassert --enable-depend
So I supposed the result should include debugging symbols.
But I don't see the function names in the backtrace. It looks like:
(gdb) bt
#0 0x7c8106e9 in ?? ()
#1 0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb)
Maybe you could advise me how to get more detailed information?
I'll appreciate any help.

Regard, Marina.