Re: Intermitent slow queries

От Ron
Тема Re: Intermitent slow queries
Дата
Re: Intermitent slow queries
Список pgsql-performance
Among other possibilities, there's a known problem with slow memory
leaks in various JVM's under circumstances similar to those you are describing.
The behavior you are describing is typical of this scenario.  The
increasing delay is caused by longer and longer JVM garbage
collection runs as java attempts to reclaim enough memory from a
smaller and smaller universe of available memory.

The fastest test, and possible fix, is to go and buy more RAM.  See
if 16MB of RAM, heck even 10MB, makes the problem go away or delays
it's onset.  If so, there's good circumstantial evidence that you are
being bitten by a slow memory leak; most likely in the JVM.

Cheers,
Ron Peacetree