Re: broken 'SHOW TABLE'-like query works in 8, not 8.1.1

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: broken 'SHOW TABLE'-like query works in 8, not 8.1.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Dec 29 2005, Michael Fuhr wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 12:12:52PM -0800, Sebastian wrote:
> > I've waited 10 minutes before cancelling. On pg8 it runs in less than
> > a second
>
> How many columns in the table?  In 8.1.1 I'm seeing a nearly
> exponential increase in time with each extra column, at least up
> to about five columns; with more columns the time continues to
> increase although not as sharply.  I don't see such an increase in
> 8.0.5.  Querying the views individually doesn't take long; I wonder
> if the planner is doing something wrong with the join operation.

For clarification, I'm the 4.11-FreeBSD guy refered to above, and with a
very simple table, it comes right back with NO results, but I may not have
what it's looking for in the table definition.

I **DO** get the explain failure, which seems, to me, to be a bug. :(

LER

--
Larry Rosenman, Database Support Engineer, E-Mail:
Larry.Rosenman@pervasive.com Pervasive Software, 12365B Riata Trace

От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: broken 'SHOW TABLE'-like query works in 8, not 8.1.1
От: Sebastian
Сообщение: Re: broken 'SHOW TABLE'-like query works in 8, not 8.1.1