Re: Creating an index-type for LIKE '%value%'

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: Creating an index-type for LIKE '%value%'
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Larry Rosenman wrote:
>
>> Oleg Bartunov wrote:

>>> Try change definition of ISALNUM on ltree.h
>>>
>>> #define ISALNUM(x)      ( isalnum((unsigned char)(x)) || (x) == '_'
>>> )
>>>
>>> this was already discussed
>>> http://www.pgsql.ru/db/mw/msg.html?mid=2034299
>>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Now, how can I make it always case-insensitive?
>>

> from http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/ltree/
>
>   It is possible to use several modifiers at the end of a label:
>

>             @     Do case-insensitive label matching
>             *     Do prefix matching for a label
>             %     Don't account word separator '_' in label matching,
>                   that is 'Russian%' would match 'Russian_nations',
> but not 'Russian'
>

>      Regards,
>          Oleg
> Oleg Bartunov, sci.researcher, hostmaster of AstroNet, Sternberg
> Astronomical Institute, Moscow University (Russia) Internet:
> oleg@sai.msu.su, http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
> phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Does that apply to each node, or the entire string?

I'd like to not have to parse the lquery string and make each node following
it with an @.

LER

Сообщение: Re: Creating an index-type for LIKE '%value%'
Сообщение: Re: Creating an index-type for LIKE '%value%'