How to suppress echo while executing batch files?

От matthias@cmklein.de
Тема How to suppress echo while executing batch files?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have to execute fairly large batch files (200-300MB) with several million
INSERT commands.

When I do that from pgsql using the \i switch, I get the echo
INSERT 0 1

for every single insert statement of my batch file.

Since I assume that this slows down the whole process I would like to know
if there is a way to suppress that echo and only get error messages and
such?

Thanks

Matt