Postgres Installation

От mmehmood
Тема Postgres Installation
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

I am trying to create a new database cluster using initdb but I keep getting the following error? Does anybody know how I can resolve this?

$ initdb --pgdata /usr/local/pgibeam --username=postgres --pwprompt --debug

Running in debug mode.

initdb: internal variables:

PGDATA=/usr/local/pgibeam

datadir=/usr/share/postgresql

PGPATH=/usr/bin

ENCODING=

ENCODINGID=0

POSTGRES_SUPERUSERNAME=postgres

POSTGRES_BKI=/usr/share/postgresql/postgres.bki

POSTGRES_DESCR=/usr/share/postgresql/postgres.description

POSTGRESQL_CONF_SAMPLE=/usr/share/postgresql/postgresql.conf.sample

PG_HBA_SAMPLE=/usr/share/postgresql/pg_hba.conf.sample

PG_IDENT_SAMPLE=/usr/share/postgresql/pg_ident.conf.sample

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "mmehmood".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory /usr/local/pgibeam... ok

creating directory /usr/local/pgibeam/base... ok

creating directory /usr/local/pgibeam/global... ok

creating directory /usr/local/pgibeam/pg_xlog... ok

creating directory /usr/local/pgibeam/pg_clog... ok

selecting default max_connections... Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

10

selecting default shared_buffers... Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

50

creating configuration files... ok

creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgibeam/base/1... DEBUG: invoking Ip

MemoryCreate(size=1081344)

Signal 12

initdb: failed

initdb: removing data directory "/usr/local/pgibeam"

Thanks

Moiz