Shema functionality in 7.3

От Mikael Carneholm
Тема Shema functionality in 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Can someone who has experience from the new 7.3 version tell me
if

SELECT tableA.foo
FROM shema1.tableA, shema2.tableB
WHERE tableA.bar = tableB.bar

is possible thanks to the new schema functionality? And is it
possible to grant users permissions on whole schemas?

Queries like the one above is possible in Oracle, and I would really
like to see this in PostgreSQL as well. (I guess we could call this
feature "cross schema joins".)

Note: I would not consider this as crossdb functionality, as tableA
and tableB exist in the same database (using Oracle terms: the
same instance), but in different shemas.

Mikael Carneholm, M.Sc.
The University College of Boras, Sweden
Email: mikael.carneholm@ida.utb.hb.se