PostgreSQL 9.4 InterlockedCompareExchange appearing in mingw64-w32 causing issue with PostGIS win32 load

От Paragon Corporation
Тема PostgreSQL 9.4 InterlockedCompareExchange appearing in mingw64-w32 causing issue with PostGIS win32 load
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Not sure if people know this, but PostGIS windows builds are built with
mingw64-w32 and mingw64-w64 chains and usually used with EDB VC++ built
PostgreSQL.
This is mostly because there is too much unix stuff ingrained in PostGIS
toolchain making it difficult to compile in VC++.

Anyrate this has worked fine in the past, but when I tried the mingw64-w32
build in the EDB PostgreSQL 9.4beta1 Windows 32, it failed to load.

The 64-bit chain still works fine and regresses fine against PostGIS tests.

I looked at dependency walker, and noticed what was additional in the mingw
postgres that couldn't be found in the 9.4beta1 EDB postgres was a function:

InterlockedCompareExchange@12

I'm pretty sure this must be something that has changed in 9.4 because I'm
using the same chain to build 9.3 for 32-bit and this

InterlockedCompareExchange call doesn't exist in 9.3 (niether the ming
compiled or edb compiled)

I'm using mingw64-w32 gcc 4.8.0 rev2.  I have the same chain mingw64-w64 to
build the 64-bit.

The only place I could find reference to this function is in

src\include\storage\s_lock.h

I have related PostGIS ticket here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/2746

Thanks,