Inconsistency with stemming/stop words in Tsearch2

От Yishai Lerner
Тема Inconsistency with stemming/stop words in Tsearch2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi, having an issue with Tsearch2 and how stop words lexemes are sometimes being utilized and sometimes not.  I would expect the behavior for to_tsquery for the three variations of "what", "what's" and "whats" to be consistent (using 'en_stem') and for all variations to be ignored since they all result in a stop word of "what".  However, this is not the case as to_tsquery("whats") returns the stop word "what" as a result.  Even more confusing is that if one were to look at the lexize results below, they are inconsistent with the to_tsquery results below.  This seems like a bug to me.

goodrec_2=# select lexize('en_stem', 'what''s');
 lexize
--------
 {what}

goodrec_2=# select lexize('en_stem', 'whats');
 lexize
--------
 {what}

goodrec_2=# select lexize('en_stem', 'what');
 lexize
--------
 {}

goodrec_2=# select to_tsquery('what''s');
NOTICE:  query contains only stopword(s) or doesn't contain lexeme(s), ignored
 to_tsquery

goodrec_2=# select to_tsquery('whats');
 to_tsquery
 'what'