PRNG not seeded => Seg.Fault

От Stephen Pillinger
Тема PRNG not seeded => Seg.Fault
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi there,
   I think I may have discovered a minor but annoying bug in PostgreSQL.

   PostgreSQL version 7.1.3
      with openssl-0.9.6b
       readline-4.2

   Compiled under Solaris 8 with SPARCWorks compiler.

   Started with command:

   postmaster -D /export/pgsql/data -i -l

   Attempting to connect via an SSL aware psql client machine that doesn't
   have a PRNG seed causes the backend to generate a Segmentation Fault.

   A little digging around found to culprit in

   src/backend/postmaster/postmaster.c @ line 1115

   the ERR_reason_error_string(ERR_get_error()) in the fprintf statement.

   Remove it from the fprintf and all works fine.

   Apart from that PostgreSQL is great!

Many thanks,

Steve

  Stephen Pillinger                       |  School of Computer Science,
  Senior Computer Officer                 |  The University of Birmingham,
  E-Mail: S.M.Pillinger@cs.bham.ac.uk     |  Edgbaston,
  Tel: 0121-414 3214  Fax: 0121-414 4281  |  Birmingham B15 2TT, UK.