Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?

От Zeugswetter Andreas ADI SD
Тема Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Close. There was an Msys build from the 9th running on port 5432.

> 2) VC++ and Msys builds will both happily start on the same
> port at the same time. The first one to start listens on 5432
> until it shuts down, at which point the second server takes
> over seamlessly! It doesn't matter which is started first -
> it's as if Windows is queuing up the listens on the port.

Um, we explicitly set SO_REUSEADDR. So the port will happily allow a
second bind.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307175 quote:
"If you use SO_REUSADDR to bind multiple servers to the same port at the
same time, only one random listening socket accepts a connection
request."

Andreas