Re: PG qsort vs. Solaris

От Zeugswetter Andreas DCP SD
Тема Re: PG qsort vs. Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > So basically, glibc's qsort is bad enough that even a
> > 10%-more-comparisons advantage doesn't save it.

> Do those numbers look very different if you have lots of
> columns or if you're sorting on something like an array or a ROW?

Imho, that also is an argument for using our own qsort.
It can be extended to deal with high comparison function cost directly.

Thus I would opt to add a "comparison function cost" arg to qsort_arg
iff
we find scenarios where our qsort performs too bad.
This cost can be used to switch to merge sort for very high cost values.

Andreas