Re: opinion on disk speed

От J. Andrew Rogers
Тема Re: opinion on disk speed
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Dec 12, 2005, at 1:59 PM, Vivek Khera wrote:
> From where did you get LSI MegaRAID controller with 512MB?  The
> 320-2X doesn't seem to come with more than 128 from the factory.
>
> Can you just swap out the DIMM card for higher capacity?

We've swapped out the DIMMs on MegaRAID controllers.  Given the cost
of a standard low-end DIMM these days (which is what the LSI
controllers use last I checked), it is a very cheap upgrade.

Admittedly I've never actually run benchmarks to see if it made a
significant difference in practice, but it certainly seems like it
should in theory and the upgrade cost is below the noise floor for
most database servers.

J. Andrew Rogers