Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Oliver,

Can you explain your rationale ?

Mine is:

The overhead isn't that bad.
Anyone using the API correctly will not be affected ( assuming they
use setInt() etal correctly )

Philosophically speaking, making the driver more strict does not make
it easier for people to convert to postgresql. AFAICT, most drivers
tend to be more lenient.

Dave

On 19-Jul-05, at 8:23 AM, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Dave Cramer wrote:
>
>> I'm also thinking we should use UNKOWN for setString as well,
>> hopefully this would reduce the number of upgrade problems people
>> are  having when they upgrade from 7.x to 8.x
>>

> I still think this is a bad idea.
>
> -O

Сообщение: Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux
Сообщение: Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux