Re: How to convert Oracle database to Postgresql.

От Carlos Oliva
Тема Re: How to convert Oracle database to Postgresql.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Ron,
Probably ....  The java program I wrote works by copying the tables via
JDBC so it does not produce any text files and relies on the capabilies
of JDBC to treat SQL types without having to specify them.  It is
similar to methods published to copy databases in the server.  In fact
it copied a BLOB from DB2 into a bytea of PostgreSQL without my having
to deal with SQL types (I tried a program that copy tables via ODBC but
it failed everytime that a BLOB had to be copied).

I imagine that one could output data from tables into text files by
outputing the data as objects.  In this way one may not have to deal
with the different SQL types.  I am not sure about other aspects of the
database such as triggers