Re: renaming columns... danger?

От Emils Klotins
Тема Re: renaming columns... danger?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Subject:            [SQL] renaming columns... danger?

> I just discovered that doing an alter table ... alter
> column (to rename a column) does not do a complete
> rename throughout the database.

> shouldn't rename update any index and key definitions?

> I'm very frightened right now, because I'm rather
> dependent upon my database right now.  I don't like
> the thought that my database is corrupt at the schema
> level.

Yes, I believe the same is true about trigger definitions and
suchlike.
In short - to do a rename on column I do a pg_dumpall and change
all references of the name by hand :*(((

Btw, is there a way to see what triggers are defined for particular
field? Or how to drop triggers, which (by default) are unnamed?