can't reindex a couple of tables

От Brendan Duddridge
Тема can't reindex a couple of tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

We're having a problem with a couple of our tables.

I have 2 tables, attribute and attribute_value:

                  Table "public.attribute"
         Column         |         Type          | Modifiers
-----------------------+-----------------------+-----------
attribute_id          | integer               | not null
attribute_type        | character varying(32) |
attribute_unit_id     | integer               |
click_count           | integer               |
feature_group         | character varying(5)  |
parent_attribute_id   | integer               |
promote_value         | character varying(5)  |
reference_category_id | integer               |
sort_order            | integer               |
is_visible            | character varying(5)  |
     "attribute_pk" PRIMARY KEY, btree (attribute_id)
     "attribute__attribute_unit_id_fk_idx" btree (attribute_unit_id)
     "attribute__parent_attribute_id_fk_idx" btree (parent_attribute_id)
     "attribute__reference_category_id_fk_idx" btree
(reference_category_id)
Foreign-key constraints:
     "attribute_attributeunit_fk" FOREIGN KEY (attribute_unit_id)
REFERENCES attribute_unit(attribute_unit_id) DEFERRABLE INITIALLY
DEFERRED
     "attribute_parentattribute_fk" FOREIGN KEY (parent_attribute_id)
REFERENCES attribute(attribute_id) DEFERRABLE INITIALLY DEFERRED
     "attribute_referencecategory_fk" FOREIGN KEY
(reference_category_id) REFERENCES category(category_id) DEFERRABLE
INITIALLY DEFERRED

               Table "public.attribute_value"
         Column         |         Type         | Modifiers
-----------------------+----------------------+-----------
attribute_id          | integer              | not null
attribute_unit_id     | integer              |
attribute_value_id    | integer              | not null
boolean_value         | character varying(5) |
click_count           | integer              |
do_keyphrase_matching | character varying(5) |
max_value             | numeric(30,10)       |
min_value             | numeric(30,10)       |
     "attribute_value_pk" PRIMARY KEY, btree (attribute_value_id)
     "attribute_value__attribute_id_fk_idx" btree (attribute_id)
     "attribute_value__attribute_unit_id_fk_idx" btree
(attribute_unit_id)
Foreign-key constraints:
     "attribute_value_attribute_fk" FOREIGN KEY (attribute_id)
REFERENCES attribute(attribute_id) DEFERRABLE INITIALLY DEFERRED
     "attribute_value_attributeunit_fk" FOREIGN KEY
(attribute_unit_id) REFERENCES attribute_unit(attribute_unit_id)
DEFERRABLE INITIALLY DEFERRED

They both have a click_count column that we update with "update
attribute set click_count = click_count + 1;" and the same for the
attribute_value table. Postgres is getting hung up on any transaction
that attempts to update the click_count. I've vacuum analyzed both
tables and that worked fine. Now I tried to reindex them and Postgres
is just locking up and never finishing. I had to cancel the reindex.

The attribute table has only 3434 rows in it.
The attribute_value table has only 548735 in it.

Either one I try to reindex causes that Postgres connection to hang
until I cancel the reindex command.

Reindexing other tables works fine.

Are these two tables corrupt or something? Is there a way to fix
them? I thought about dumping them and re-loading them, but I don't
know how to do that due to all the referential integrity issues from
the other tables that reference these two tables.

Thanks,

brendan duddridge | CTO | 403-520-5793 x24 | brendan@shoptoit.ca

Shop To It Inc.
Suite L100, 239 - 10th Ave. SE