Re: [HACKERS] initdb / pg_version

От Patrick Welche
Тема Re: [HACKERS] initdb / pg_version
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> The dependency on a phony submake target is the problem;
> need to put in real dependencies for version.o instead.
> Might be easier if version.c were removed from .../utils
> and put in bin/pg_version.

Agreed, though not sure what is best. utils/version.c defines
 ValidatePgVersion SetPgVersion

exported in include/version.h. The only source files which reference them
are:

backend/postmaster/postmaster.c uses ValidatePgVersion
bin/pg_version/pg_version.c     uses SetPgVersion
backend/utils/init/postinit.c   uses ValidatePgVersion

Now, postmaster and postinit don't have the same problem as pg_version
as they both link against SUBSYS.o rather than version.o. I also note that
there are lots of mentions of version.o in backend/Makefile that I don't
follow.

Cheers,

Patrick