multibyte/locale configure options

От Patrick Welche
Тема multibyte/locale configure options
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I was about to send the following when I discovered the appropriately
named doc/README.Charsets - may I suggest making a link to this useful
page from doc/src/sgml/config.sgml?

Cheers,

Patrick

What do the following configure options do?

  --enable-locale         enable locale support
  --enable-recode         enable cyrillic recode support
  --with-mb=<encoding>    enable multi-byte support

Guess: Does locale only change whether a decimal point or comma is used?
(datestyle comes straight from set datestyle => has nothing to do with it,
and numeric or decimal should be replacing money)

Can I use different encodings for columns without using multi-byte support
if the encodings are just different single-byte encodings, ie., no unicode?