Re: [HACKERS] PATCH for pgconnection.h

От Patrick Welche
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PATCH for pgconnection.h
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > On 08-Jul-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > >
> > > This is the second mention of 'namespace' I have seen.  Can we allow
> > > this by default?
> > >
> > > Of course, I get:
> > >
> > >   pgconnection.h:26: warning: namespaces are mostly broken in this version of g++
> > >
> > > but it still works.  Comments?
> >
> > Um.. No?  Are you also using SWC 5.0?   And if it's g++, do we have a version
> > besides Sun's?  Sorry, I'm not familiar with Sun stuff.
> >
> > Vince.
>
> I am using g++ in gcc 2.7.1.

Remember way back when when I had a

#include <something>

and it caused problems for some people who really needed

#include <something.h>

Now I think (but am certainly not sure!) that the difference between the
two was meant to be that in the first instance, the standard namespace
is used. I can't really follow what's happening as

% cvs status pgconnection.cc
Fatal error, aborting.
: no such user

We just changed the first to the second as in g++ all that <something>
does is to include <something.h>, but it may not be true for other compilers.

Hope someone with a reference book near them can check this!

Cheers,

Patrick