Re: Unable to run createlang (or psql for that matter)

От John Gage
Тема Re: Unable to run createlang (or psql for that matter)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
To be perfectly honest, I don't believe it either, but here it is:

JohnGage:~ johngage$ echo $PATH
/opt/subversion/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/X11/bin:/Library/PostgresPlus/8.4/bin:/usr/local/bin:~/Desktop/WritingTools/EfficientAWK
JohnGage:~ johngage$ createlang -l
-bash: createlang: command not found
JohnGage:~ johngage$ which createlang
JohnGage:~ johngage$ locate createlang
/Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/createlang
/Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/doc/postgresql/html/app-createlang.html
/Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/doc/postgresql/html/sql-createlanguage.html
/Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/share/man/man1/createlang.1
JohnGage:~ johngage$ cd /Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin
JohnGage:bin johngage$ createlang -l
-bash: createlang: command not found
JohnGage:bin johngage$ ./createlang -l
Password:
createlang: could not connect to database johngage: FATAL:  database "johngage" does not exist
JohnGage:bin johngage$ sudo su postgres
bash-3.2$ ./createlang -l
Password:
Procedural Languages
 Name | Trusted?
------+----------

bash-3.2$

On Apr 27, 2010, at 1:47 AM, Scott Mead wrote:

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 3:36 AM, Jorge Arevalo <jorgearevalo@gis4free.org> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 11:08 AM, John Gage <jsmgage@numericable.fr> wrote:
> If I open a bash terminal and type createlang -l, I get:
>
> JohnGage:~ johngage$ createlang -l
> -bash: createlang: command not found
> JohnGage:~ johngage$ psql
> -bash: psql: command not found
>
> as one can see, the same thing happens with psql.
>
> The way I have been using psql is by pulling down the plugins menu in
> pgAdmin3 and selecting (the only selection) psql.
>
> My $PATH variable includes the path to both createlang and psql.

 Not to say I am a 'dis-believer' or anything... but... can we see 'echo $PATH' ... ?

--Scott

Сообщение: Re: Unable to run createlang (or psql for that matter)
Сообщение: Re: Unable to run createlang (or psql for that matter)