RE: ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... REFRESH cannot be executed from a function

От Patrick FICHE
Тема RE: ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... REFRESH cannot be executed from a function
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi Roman,

We had the same problem and we had to create a SERVER (loopback) and use dblink in order to get in done within a Stored Procedure.

I don’t know if this solution will work in your case but it could be something like this….

CREATE SERVER loopback_dblink

  FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER dblink_fdw

  OPTIONS (hostaddr '127.0.0.1', dbname 'db2');

GRANT USAGE ON FOREIGN SERVER loopback_dblink TO usr_db_deploy;

\c db2;

CREATE USER MAPPING FOR usr_db_deploy

SERVER loopback_dblink

OPTIONS (user 'usr_db_deploy', password '????');

Then, in the procedure, you can try the following

      PERFORM dblink_connect( 'myconn', 'loopback_dblink' );

      PERFORM dblink_exec( 'myconn', 'ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ' || sSubName || ' REFRESH PUBLICATION' );

      PERFORM dblink_disconnect('myconn');

Regards,

Patrick