Pgscript : error creating a user with a variable as the password

От plop plop
Тема Pgscript : error creating a user with a variable as the password
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi all,

This is a problem about creating a user with a password thanks to a pgscript (pgadmin 1.14.1). I have searched a while around the internent, but I have found no solution so far.

The following script does not work ("error near « password»". Pgadmin is in French, so i do not know how the warning exactly looks like in English) :

declare @USER, @PASS;
set @USER='user';
set @PASS='password';

CREATE ROLE @USER LOGIN NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE PASSWORD @PASS;

Whereas this one does :

declare @USER;
set @USER='user';

CREATE ROLE @USER LOGIN NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE PASSWORD 'password';

What am I doing wrong with the @PASS variable ?

Thank you for your support, and congrats for what you do.

VP